I asked Cyriak Harris, a freelance animator from the UK, to reveal a few secrets on how he made his trippy, forever-multiplying hand fingers:
"I shot some video of my hand and attached smaller duplicates of the footage to the end of each finger. The whole thing is then scaled up until one of the smaller hands is the same size and position as the original was in the first frame, and there you have a loop which you can repeat endlessly."
Cyriak then brought it to life with After Effects.
Great piece, reminds me a bit of Tim Hawkinson's fantastic multiplying hand collages:
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades