This video shows you how to create a building explosion (more specifically, the Statue of Liberty) in Adobe After Effects in less than ten minutes. The smoke and fire are downloaded separately, while the shattering of the statue is created in After Effects. First, duplicate the layers into what will and what will not explode, then create a mask around each one. Then, set the shatter effect to the exploding layer. Set the shape pattern to glass to make it more realistic. Also, you can raise the repetition to make more exploding pieces. To make sure there are no leftover pieces after the explosion, increase the radius after the explosion.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades